I am currently a first year student at Carnegie Mellon University majoring in Computer Science who is enthusiastic about software engineering and improving accessibility to coding education for all!
Carnegie Mellon University, School of Computer Science
B.S. Computer Science | Aug 2018 – May 2022
Stanford Online High School
GPA: 3.97 (unweighted) | Aug 2014 – May 2018
- 15-251 Great Ideas in Theoretical Computer Science
- 15-150 Principles in Functional Programming
- 15-122 Principles in Imperative Computation
- 15-151 Mathematical Foundations for Computer Science
- 21-241 Matrix Algebra
- 16-161 Artificial Intelligence and Humanity
- Additional coursework: Data Structures and Algorithms, Logic, Number Theory
Communications & Outreach Intern
Congressional App Challenge | Aug 2017 – May 2018
- Coordinate with and promote the app challenge on behalf of Members of Congress in 50 states.
- Manage website, email, social, and news media campaign to grow the app challenge to the largest coding competition in the United States.
Congressional Intern Office of Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman
U.S. House of Representatives | May 2017 – Dec 2017
- Promote the Congressional App Challenge event to over 100,000 middle and high school students in New Jersey’s 12th congressional district.
- Organize workshops and hackathons for students to learn and develop apps to submit for the Congressional App Challenge
Stanford Graduate School of Ed. Transformative Learning Technologies Lab | Aug 2017 – May 2018
- Identify augmented reality applications in education
- Analyze effectiveness of technological learning enviornments
Co-Founder & Lead Technical Developer
SaveBB | 2016 Congressional App Challenge Winner
- SaveBB mobile app connects to a wireless sensor that prevents infant death by monitoring movement to ensure infants sleep face up on their backs.
Founder & President
Girls Can Code | Aug 2015 – May 2018
- Lead Girls Can Code Club and Programming Workshops @ Local Community Libraries
- Taught Mobile App Programming, Entrepreneurship, Web, Cloud, and Arduino Programming at libraries in Princeton, East Brunswick, Perth Amboy (the 2nd largest Hispanics city in New Jersey)
- Trained and mentored 2017 International Technovation Semi-Finalist team, Top 50 of 11,000+
Student Body President
Student Government | Aug 2014 – May 2018
- Lead, plan, motivate and influence 25 Student Government members in weekly meetings. Work to serve 750 students across high school and middle school. Spearhead cultural exchange, charity fundraising, and student wellness initiatives. Previously Junior Class President, Sophomore Class President, Freshman Class Vice-President.
Math Modeling Competition Club | Aug 2017 – May 2018
- Develop math modeling skill by solving real world problems. Coordinate club events, contest preparation. Finalist in High School Mathematical Contest in Modeling internationally out of 840 teams
National Center for Women & Information Technology
- National Honorable Mention (Top 10%) Aspirations in Computing Winner | Mar 2018
- Bay Area Affiliate Award for Aspirations in Computing Winner | Mar 2017
American Library Association Magazine
- National Article Feature | Oct 2017
High School Mathematical Contest in Modeling
- International Finalist | Jan 2017
CSforALL Consortium Summit
- National Summit Feature | Oct 2017
U.S. Figure Skating Association
- U.S. Figure Skating National Junior Shadow Dance Champion | Sept 2016